Reverse zones for a virtual Server

Michael Voight mvoight at cisco.com
Wed Aug 4 03:43:43 UTC 1999

Virtual servers in separate zones require separate zone files. They must
also be delegated from the next higher level server.
Reverse zones are treated no differently, all addresses on the same
subnet or network would go into the same zone file. If you want to break
the zone on a non octet boundary, you should check out RFC 2317 or the
description of this in DNS and BIND by Albitz (sp??)  and Liu.

Michael Voight