BIND 'sortlist' preferred IP address

elam99 at hongkong.com elam99 at hongkong.com
Wed Aug 4 01:45:44 UTC 1999

Sorry, I didn't make it clear.  What I mean by '1-and-only-1
IP address' is returnining '1-and-only-1 IP address' to the
DNS client based on the DNS client source IP/network.  So,
if the DNS client is at network A, my DNS server would
return x.x.x.x EVERYTIME, and if the DNS client is at
network B, my DNS server would return y.y.y.y EVERYTIME.
I notice that although the 'sortlist' could sort the
response based on the DNS client source network address,
however, it might return the sorted list in a round-robin
fashion which means that it might return different IP
address everytime instead of the '1-and-only-1 IP address'
EVERYTIME.  So, Is it possible to return the '1-and-only-1
IP address' EVERYTIME ???