CNAME and OTHER data error

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Tue Aug 3 19:16:42 UTC 1999

Hi...

	I've recently upgraded to 8.2.1 under Solaris 2.6, and have a few
entries in my log file consisting of:

forward/subnet-165:653:car205-2.acadiau.ca: CNAME and OTHER data error

	Looking at that line in the file though, doesn't show me anything
different then the hundreds of other similar entries:

car205-2        IN      A       131.162.165.155
                IN      MX      0       car205-2.acadiau.ca.
                IN      MX      10      garlic.acadiau.ca.
                IN      MX      20      emerald.mtt.net.
                IN      HINFO   "Linux system, static" "pc"

	Not sure what/where else to look for fixing this, but out of 254
'subnet-' files, two give the warning, and just a few records in each of
those...

	Ideas?  thanks...

Marc G. Fournier                               scrappy at hub.org
Systems Administrator @ hub.org