My DNS not always available on the web

Dan Winchester andy.stowell at virgin.net
Tue Aug 3 10:39:59 UTC 1999

Hi,

Everyday I seem to get two or three emails from people saying that when
they try and access my site (http://www.freelancers.net) they get a DNS
error. Both DNS servers are based here in my office (as is the
webserver) so I know they are always up as I never have to restart them.

Ok, so what I generally do is try and track down what DNS they would be
using based on their email address and query it for my domain. More
often than not my query seems to time out with a 'no DNS for host
freelancers.net' type message. But then if I run the same query again it
resolves immediately.

So, is the problem here that my DNS is just too slow? If so how can I
speed it up? Here are the name servers:

http://ns1.funktion.co.uk
http://212.19.75.168

http://ns2.funktion.co.uk