Error: query() contains our address. Why?

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Mon Aug 2 18:26:10 UTC 1999

In article <37A180B2.5F538419 at uab.ericsson.se>,
Eva Felipe  <Eva.Felipe at uab.ericsson.se> wrote:
>named[<pn>]: sysquery: query() contains our address
>(gateway1.iponax.datacom-lab.uab.ericsson.se:10.20.0.13)
>named[<pn>]: sysquery: query() No possible A RRs
>
>Why do I get the 'sysquery' messages?

The name in parentheses is what it was looking up when it found a referral
to itself.  The empty name is the root domain.  My guess is that your hint
file lists itself as the only root server, instead of listing the real root
servers (A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET, B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET, etc.), but you haven't
configured your machine as authoritative for the root domain.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com