DNS primary and secondaries

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Tue Aug 31 20:57:14 UTC 1999

> Attached is daffy's named.conf, for the curious.
>         allow-query { any; };
>         allow-transfer { any; };

Redundant.  Should not affect things, but I would remove them and see
what happens.  Of course, I also took apart my parents' radio and put
the glass tubes [valves] in size order to see what would happen.  But
that was a few years ago.

> zone "." {
>         type master;
>         file "db.root";
> };

It will probably not serve any domains that require external access
[perhaps including its master] until you make this type "hint" instead
of type "master".

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B