win2k's dns

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Tue Aug 31 14:41:27 UTC 1999

> I may be reading this incorrectly, but my
> understanding is that this will have a big
> impact on the way dns is done on internet.
>
> If dns domain means NT-domain under win2k and
> win2k's active directory can be used without dns ...
>
> What are some of your thoughts on this?
> I am just technically curious about this.
>
> Thanks,
> Farid

(*sigh*)

If the author had any knowledge of the subject at all, he or she would
have known that BIND can do dynamic DNS.  But that appears not to be
the case.

This is obviously yet another one of Bill's shills, spreading FUD and
misinformation, and Microsoft with their acknowledged policy to
"embrace and extend" [pretend and pervert] a standard protocol.

;-(

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B