I hope bind-8 noforward feature

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Thu Aug 26 19:29:01 UTC 1999

Kazuhiro Asakura spoke:
> From: "Genesiscom_Grandjean" <grandjean at genesiscom.ch>
> > >It is possible for support noforward feature ?
> > Just use forward with no IP (works since 8.2.1):
>
> Sure, that is not forwarding. but I can't resolve that domain name.
> noforward feature with bind-4.9.5+P1 contrib can resolve.

If you just turn off the forwarders in that zone with forwarders{};
then it will look for a DNS server in the normal way, and recurse to
that.  Allegedly - I actually didn't do it that way, because I didn't
want to have it find the "external" servers.  To make sure, I put the
addresses of the DNS servers for other internal domains in the
forwarders{} list.

	zone "other.alt" {
		type forward;
		forward only;