Unapproved Queries.

Gilbert Rehling gilbertr at hcis.com.au
Thu Aug 26 16:48:59 UTC 1999

Please Help.  I'm running Redhat6.0 on a Primary DNS Server for the domain
hcis.com.au.
dns.hcis.com.au . The first secondary is  orange.one.net.au  and I have a
secondary in my Domain, an Win2000 beta,  border.hcis.com.au.   At the
moment I'm not allowing Dynamic updates as the win2.. machine does its own
thing with the linux-bind file. It gets a bit messy.
My Problem is this, I keep getting " unaproved querie " messages from what
appears to be DNS server out on the Internet. I am under the Impression that
DNS servers are supposed to tell each other about whats in their domain.
I've been chasing the IP numbers and adding them to the allow querie section
but its proving to be a bit of a Nightmare.   HOW can I tell the DNS to
allow queries from other DNS servers.   Please Help Me... Much Thanks in
Advance..
 Gilbert Rehling