Firewall DNS

Michael Voight mvoight at cisco.com
Tue Aug 24 17:15:46 UTC 1999

Open the firewall for outgoing UDP 53 for the servers you want to allow
to  get to the outside nameservers. You can open it for as many servers
on the inside that you want to be able to go outside. Even with a
forwarder, the forwarder still needs to get though the firewall. So, you
have to have a least one server going through the firewall, unless your
firewall does DNS

Michael