where to declare

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Mon Aug 23 20:03:01 UTC 1999

Gerard M. Mamou <gmamou at cybercable.tm.fr> wrote in message
news:<37C19EB3.328CAF18 at cybercable.tm.fr>...
> Q2: I just have all my A, MX, TXT records for bogusbis.my.domain in
> my.domain file except SOA (of course) and no NS record.
> When I update my.domain file, I am getting AFXR from my ISP name
> server, that is fine!

Just to clarify, what Michael and Joe have said in response to this is
correct:  You can put information in bogusbis.my.domain in my.domain's zone
data file.  However, that's only because bogusbis.my.domain isn't a subzone
of my.domain; it's a subdomain.  If you'd delegated bogusbis.my.domain from
my.domain, it would be a subzone.

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
www.acmebw.com/training.htm for the
schedule and to register for upcoming
classes.