nslookup

Michael Voight mvoight at cisco.com
Mon Aug 23 15:01:16 UTC 1999

Barry Margolin wrote:

> In article <199908230208.TAA28046 at zephyr.isi.edu>,
> Bill Manning  <bmanning at ISI.EDU> wrote:
> >>
> >> If you weren't the one with the problem, why reply?
> >>
> >> Michael
> >>

> >A good question. You might think about it next time you
> >sit down at your keyboard. In my case, I replied because
> >I had authoritative, accurate data. I try and keep my posting
> >to those things that I am sure of.
>
> And totally ignore the context of the discussion, to purposely confuse
> everyone else.

Thanks, Barry. I missed his last email.

Why in the world would I care if someone, other than the original person
with the problem, was authoritative for 10.in-addr.arpa? It was not
important to resolving the original person's problem. She wasn't trying
to go to someone else's server to resolve the 10 network, she was going
to her servers.

Michael