DNS and forward

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Fri Aug 20 15:51:40 UTC 1999

> SERVER B) This is the named.conf on m/c on the inside from which I plan to
> forward request for names OUTSIDE my.domain to the above m/c to resolve:
>
> options {
>     directory "/var/named";
>     forward first;
>     forwarders {
>         xx.yy.zz.aa;  // Server A ip address
>     } ;
> };
> zone "xx.yy.zz.in-addr.arpa" {
>         notify no;
>         type master;
>         file "named.rev";
> };

Did you perhaps mean for the last to be "zz.yy.xx.in-addr.arpa"?  If
it is as you have written it, it will not correctly serve reverse DNS
queries.

I don't know how this would affect your forwarding, though.

Do you have Server B in Server A's /etc/resolv.conf as the name server?

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B