DNS and forward

Y. W. Ko ko at ues-software.com
Thu Aug 19 20:53:35 UTC 1999

Hi:
    I have exactly the same problem and been pulling my hair out last couple
of days - I still haven't found out why. BTW, I'm using bind-8.2 on Linux
6.0, and my DNS configuration is almost identical to yours.

    A little bit more info. which might be useful... I tried running
with -d, the named.run file seem to indicate that

1) when I try to look up something outside the domain, say www.aol.com, it
somehow mangle it and try to lookup up www.aol.com.my.domain instead.

2) No attempt is made to do a forward.

    Any suggestions?