Giving out tcp/ip Port Information

Michael Voight mvoight at cisco.com
Thu Aug 19 19:32:56 UTC 1999

Port number is not something you are going to see in a DNS response.
DNS only deals with the address, not the port number.
Some firewalls and other products (Cisco Local Director) allows you to
redirect traffic destined from one address and port number to another
addreess and port number. Again, not really a function of DNS.

Another possibility would be if this was http. In http, you can redirect
to  a different address/directory/port number. Again, simply not a
function of  DNS

Michael