SERVFAIL?!

Michael Voight mvoight at cisco.com
Wed Aug 18 17:26:26 UTC 1999

The error indicates a problem that is most likely not under your
control, ? THe interesting thing about this bootfile is there is a
reverse zone, but not a forward one. Interesting, but acceptable. Is the
problem with different remote zones, or just the one listed in the
messages.

In the case of this server, this would indicate the forwarder is unable
to look this up. When using forwarders and you can't resolve, it is
usually an issue upstream from you.

Michael