8.2.1 CNAMEs not authoritative?

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Mon Aug 16 23:46:51 UTC 1999

	A concrete example would be useful as I definitly get authorative
	answers off my test server.

	Mark

; <<>> DiG 8.2 <<>> d.example
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;	d.example, type = A, class = IN

;; ANSWER SECTION:
d.example.		1h15m IN CNAME	a.example.
a.example.		1h15m IN A	144.14.15.200

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
example.		1H IN NS	bsdi.dv.isc.org.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
bsdi.dv.isc.org.	1D IN A		130.155.191.233

;; Total query time: 1 msec
;; FROM: bsdi.dv.isc.org to SERVER: default -- 130.155.191.233
;; WHEN: Tue Aug 17 09:42:07 1999
;; MSG SIZE  sent: 27  rcvd: 111

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org