BIND Install on Solaris 2.7

Edmund c990077 at hk.china.com
Mon Aug 16 08:12:01 UTC 1999

I got the following error when at the final stage of installing BIND
8.2.1 using
'make install'.  It appears that /usr/ucb/install can't be found.  I
changed the
/usr/ucb/install to /usr/sbin/install but another error returned during
make install.
Has anyone any idea ?  What's usually contained inside the /usr/ucb as I
have
no /usr/ucb directory.

# make install
Using .systype
Making .settings
/vol01/edlam/src/bind/src/include
/vol01/edlam/src/bind/src/include/arpa
set -x; for x in inet.h nameser.h nameser_compat.h; do \
        /usr/ucb/install -c  -m 444 $x /usr/local/bind/include/arpa/$x;
\
done
+ /usr/ucb/install -c -m 444 inet.h /usr/local/bind/include/arpa/inet.h
sh: /usr/ucb/install: not found
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install'
Current working directory /vol01/edlam/src/bind/src/include/arpa