MX problem....

Rick Osterberg osterber at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Aug 12 21:06:28 UTC 1999

AFAIK, that's a classic problem with sendmail configuration.  If MX for
foo.com points to mail.foo.com, and mail.foo.com is misconfigured, this
happens.  mail.foo.com needs to be told to accept mail for foo.com (in
addition to accepting mail for mail.foo.com).  Otherwise, it'll try to
forward mail to the MX host for foo.com, which is finds out is itself.

-Rick