Internal and external resource records on the same server

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Tue Aug 10 21:40:38 UTC 1999

<Tai_Nguyen at infonet.com> wrote in message
news:<882567C9.00746868.00 at issmail1.infonet.com>...
> I would like to know if there is a way to setup the zone records for the
> internal network and external network separately for the same domain on
> the same name server. For example the same host name www.acme.com will be
> resolved to registered IP address when queried from Internet but will be
> resolved to unregistered IP address if queried from the internal network
on
> the same name server.

Not from a single name server, but you can do this by running multiple named
processes on the same host, each with its own named.conf and copy of the
acme.com zone.

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
www.acmebw.com/training.htm for the
schedule and to register for upcoming
classes.