Is this correct behaviour?

Anand S Medikeri anandsm at manohari.india.hp.com
Mon Aug 9 06:59:17 UTC 1999

 Sorry for bothering again.

 As far I know  in-addr.arpa  domain maps IP addresses to hostnames.  If
 my   understanding   is  true  then  it  dosen't  make  sense  to  load
 6.5.4.3.2.in-addr.arpa RR since a host cannot have 1.2.2.3.4.5.6 as its
 IP address.  And if it takes it to be CIDR than why is it not ture with
 A RR which when has data portion as  1.2.2.3.4.5.6  says not a valid IP
 addr.

 I am using nslookup to get the PTR records. For

 nslookup -type=ptr 1.2.3.4
 I get an answer and for
 nslookup -type=ptr 1.2.2.3.4.5.6
 I get an error message. So which one to fix nslookup or named.

 Please correct me if my understanding about in-addr.arpa is wrong.

Thanx.