New BIND user

john at sapic.org john at sapic.org
Sun Aug 8 00:29:32 UTC 1999

I'm attempting to set up BIND for the first time and have run in to some
problems.  All my experience regarding DNS is with the MS DNS, but decided
to ditch it because it's so quirky and we've been having recurring problems
with it for a few months.  For some reason some web sites we host resolve
out to old IPs and not the new IPs that are actually hosting the web sites
now (we recently moved our servers and got new IPs).  The old IPs are not to
be found in any of our DNS files, but they're lurking in the depths of NT
somewhere and its causing me a major headache!

So, this morning we loaded up BIND 4.9.5 after reading the 1st edition of
DNS and BIND, but turns out we have some syntax errors.  I've looked through
my BIND files but everything looks okay to me.  One problems we're
experiencing is that BIND will not resolve two of our domains, but will
resolve several others.  Another problem is that those other domains that
BIND will resolve are being resolved to the wrong IP addresses.  Obviously
we just done something wrong, but we're having a problem tracking it down.
Is there anyone present who would be willing to take a peek at our files and
point out areas we've written wrong?

Thank you.

John