BIND 'sortlist' preferred IP address

Michael Voight mvoight at cisco.com
Sat Aug 7 07:03:21 UTC 1999

Cricket,

Can you expand on this "no".
I thought it would return the response in sortlist order rather than
round robin. After all, if it matches the first thing in the sortlist,
why would you want the second? After all the default sortlist was (at
least in 4.x) the local subnet followed by the network. If you had a
match on the local subnet, you wouldn't round robin with something on
the same network, but on a different subnet. Or am I just confused?

Michael