DNS CNAME round robin alternatives

Sam Shteingart samsh at ms.com
Fri Aug 6 16:22:59 UTC 1999

Actually, round robin for CNAMEs should be working in BIND 8.2.1, but it
doesn't, because of the bug.  The bug is fixed in BIND 8.2.2 which will go
alpha soon.  To get CNAME round robin specify the following in named.conf

options {
    rreset-order {
        class ANY type CNAME name "*" order cyclic;
        order fixed;
    };
};

--
Sam Shteingart   Morgan Stanley Dean Witter Co.
Phone: (212) 762-2377  Fax: (212)762-1009

e-mail:  samsh at ms.com