DNS Help

James Nessen jwn at directcon.net
Fri Aug 6 02:51:39 UTC 1999

Yup, you guessed correctly, I am running DNS on the our virtual web server.  We
are splitting the services soon, but for now, its causing is grief.  We had
no problems with bind 4

Well, I guess with BSD it consideres each interface an "open file" so when bind starts up, it starts complaining about too many files being opened, since it
tries to bind itself to each interface when I just want it to bind itself to
the main IP address.

Jim