[Kea-users] API call 'reservation-del' removes all v6 reservations.

Andrew Mulheirn andrew.mulheirn at vorboss.com
Mon Mar 11 15:19:05 UTC 2024

Hi all,

I've noticed that using reservation-del against dhcp6 removes *all* reservations, while doing the same against dhcp4 behaves as expected and removes just the reservation that was specified.   I can't see why they behave differently.

I have made reservations for 2a00:e340:1102::3 and 2a00:e340:1102::4 and can see them both when I do a reservation-get-all.

Then I try to delete one of them.  Here is the call I am making for v6:

{
    "command": "reservation-del",
    "service": ["dhcp6"],
    "arguments": {
        "subnet-id": 1,
        "ip-address": "2a00:e340:1102::3"
    }
}

When I look at the debug, I see messages just deleting this one reservation:

INFO  COMMAND_RECEIVED Received command 'reservation-del'
DEBUG HOOKS_CALLOUTS_BEGIN begin all callouts for hook $reservation_del
INFO  HOST_CMDS_RESERV_DEL reservation-del command called (parameters: { "ip-address": "2a00:e340:1102::3", "subnet-id": 1 })
INFO  HOST_CMDS_RESERV_DEL_SUCCESS reservation-del command success (parameters: { "ip-address": "2a00:e340:1102::3", "subnet-id": 1 })
DEBUG HOOKS_CALLOUT_CALLED hooks library with index 2 has called a callout on hook $reservation_del that has address 0x7ff2f67cecb0 (callout duration: 5.882 ms)
DEBUG HOOKS_CALLOUTS_COMPLETE completed callouts for hook $reservation_del (total callouts duration: 5.882 ms)

However, when I do another reservation-get-all, the table is now empty:

[
    {
        "arguments": {
            "hosts": []
        },
        "result": 3,
        "text": "0 IPv6 host(s) found."
    }
]

As I say, v4 works fine.   Any pointers would be most welcome,

Cheers,
Andy

Andrew Mulheirn

Senior Network Architect

M: +44 (0) 74 3654 8126 <tel:+44%20(0)%2074%203654%208126>

E: andrew.mulheirn at vorboss.com <mailto:andrew.mulheirn at vorboss.com>

vorboss.com <https://vorboss.com>

Not sure who currently provides your internet?
Find out here and take our speed test. <https://check.vorboss.com/>

Disclaimer: This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please remove it from your system and notify us at sysadmin at vorboss.net <mailto:sysadmin at vorboss.net> or by telephone +44(0)20 3582 8500. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   Privacy Note: Vorboss Limited may monitor email traffic data and also the content of email for the purposes of security. This email does not create or vary any contractual obligations between Vorboss Limited and the intended recipient.

Vorboss Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 05678571. Registered Office: Vorboss Limited, Broadwalk House, 5 Appold Street, London, EC2A 2AG, UNITED KINGDOM.