[Kea-users] Help in Release Kea-2.4.1 (Migration of IPv6 addresses to INET for PostgreSQL)

Carsten Strotmann carsten at strotmann.de
Wed Mar 6 12:25:45 UTC 2024

Hello Zain,

On 6 Mar 2024, at 13:09, Muhammad Zain wrote:

> We are using a postgres compatible database that is YugabyteDB that does not support INET as primary key yet as this feature was requested given in github issue below;https://github.com/yugabyte/yugabyte-db/issues/7761

you need to talk to  the YugabyteDB developers. They claim that YugabyteDB is "postgres compatible", while it does not support INET as a primary key (which the original postgres DB does -> so YugabyteDB is *not* compatible).

I recommend to switch to a real postgres DB if possible, or help the YugabyteDB developers to make their DB postgres compatible.

Greetings

Carsten