[Kea-users] Kea DDNS - Forward Updates work, but reverse do not?

Ubence Quevedo thatrat at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 12:30:58 UTC 2024

Thanks! This did exactly what I was looking for. All of the smart devices
weren’t showing up and now they are.

Is there any harm leaving this set?

I did notice a lot of error entries like the below:
Jan 31 04:23:26 raspi kea-dhcp-ddns[614517]: ERROR
DHCP_DDNS_FORWARD_REMOVE_ADDRS_IO_ERROR DHCP_DDNS Request ID
00000149D641F10B97A359DC5753310FE69A204562060ED2FFD558D1122DA4560B99EF:
encountered an IO error sending a forward mapping address removal for FQDN
gd-lock.totusmel.com. to DNS server 192.168.10.3 port:53

The
DHCP_DDNS_FORWARD_REMOVE_ADDRS_IO_ERROR error concerned me because I
thought there might be something wrong with my drive, but looking up the
error states it’s just an error updating the record, which is a worrisome
way of saying so.

-Ubence