[Kea-users] Kea DDNS - Forward Updates work, but reverse do not?

Rick Frey gribnut at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 19:11:58 UTC 2024

If I’m reading logs correctly, your BIND nameserver is rejecting the update as the Kea request is requiring NXRRSET (means the record cannot already exist in the nameserver).  I don’t see Kea config option to change that behavior.  By chance did you manually create the PTR record for 74.10.168.192.in-addr.arpa in you BIND zone outside of Kea?  If so, might try removing it.  I don’t have any personal experience w/ Kea updating reverse records but guessing that at least w/ PTR records, Kea will not update if record already exists.