[Kea-users] On setting up DDNS with entries in /etc/kea/isc-kea-dhcp4.conf

Roger Hall rhall at colorado.edu
Fri Jan 19 20:18:55 UTC 2024

I’m in the process of building out Kea for the first time and am in the midst of adding parameters in isc-kea-dhcp4.conf.  I’m finding discrepancies in the following syntax listed in section 8.2.18 DDNS for DHCPv4 of the kea readthedocs manual:

"Dhcp4": {
     "dhcp-ddns": {
        // Connectivity parameters
        "enable-updates": false,
         "server-ip": "127.0.0.1",
         "server-port":53001,
         "sender-ip":"",
         "sender-port":0,
         "max-queue-size":1024,
         "ncr-protocol":"UDP",
         "ncr-format":"JSON"
     },

     // Behavioral parameters (global)
     "ddns-send-updates": true,
     "ddns-override-no-update": false,
     "ddns-override-client-update": false,
     "ddns-replace-client-name": "never",
     "ddns-generated-prefix": "myhost",
     "ddns-qualifying-suffix": "",
     "ddns-update-on-renew": false,
     "ddns-use-conflict-resolution": true,
     "hostname-char-set": "",
     "hostname-char-replacement": ""
}

None of the ddns entry parameters are recognized upon isc-kea-dhcp4-server restart after first install.  In order for me to get kea status to behave, I have to comment out all of the ddns-* entries.  Has anyone else seen this?  I’ve installed kea 2.0.