[Kea-users] insert into dhcp4_subnet

Klaus Steden klausfiend at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 22:22:26 UTC 2024

Hi,

We have a service that uses Kea on the backend behind an internal REST API
that performs CRUD operations against the lease and reservation tables.

We're still using v1.8, but it uses bog standard INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE
statements.

IMO, you should know why want to do it this way. In our case, the
application was written a few years before hook libraries were available,
and it's one aspect of a larger server provisioning toolchain.

You can do it like we did, but you can quickly end up in the weeds if
you're not careful about how writes are handled.

cheers,
Klaus