[Kea-users] Fwd: How to compile ISC KEA as shared object lib

Anil kumar anil.patna at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 07:12:13 UTC 2024

+ kea-dev at lists.isc.org

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Anil kumar <anil.patna at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 at 11:41
Subject: Re: [Kea-users] How to compile ISC KEA as shared object lib
To: Kea user's list <kea-users at lists.isc.org>

Hi Peter,

Let's say we go the async way, I will post a message to my process from kea
process's hook callback to my process which is bookkeeping.

Can KEAI hold off packet processing till it gets a green signal to proceed
further with the packet from my bookkeeping process ?

If my bookkeeping code and kea were running on the same process I would
have done all necessary things in the hook callback  and let KEA continue
processing the packet; Is there a way to make this step ASYNC with a
different process. ?

With Regards
Anil Kumar S N

On Sat, 20 Apr 2024 at 11:29, Peter Davies <peterd at isc.org> wrote:

> Hi Anil,
>   I have no idea how you would go about doing this.
> However, the run script hooks library may be useful if you need Kea to
> send data
> to external processes.
>
> See:
> https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-2.4.1/arm/hooks.html#libdhcp-run-script-so-run-script-support-for-external-hook-scripts
>
> Kind Regards Peter
>

> On 20/04/2024 06.49, Anil kumar wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> 1. Would it be possible to compile KEA as a shared object and link it to
> my process ?
>
> 2. I would like book keep and track all the clients as part of hook
> callbacks so that once address is assigned would want to updated Linux IP
> Routes tables and IP neighbor tables ?
>
> Any suggestions and guidance from the community is highly appreciated.
>
> With Regards
> Anil Kumar S N
>
> --
> Peter Davies