[Kea-users] migrating from DHCPd to Kea

Peter Davies peterd at isc.org
Thu Apr 18 11:28:13 UTC 2024

Hi Brendan,
    Logging is needed to troubleshoot in any meaningful way.
Regarding host reservations, there are no fast rules; it is intended to
be as
flexible as possible. Having globals and subnet reservations is common.

The only thing we advise against is using global reservations to
associate IP
addresses with clients; this may lead to clients receiving unusable leases.
Global reservations can be used to associate client classes etc..

Kind Regards Peter

--
Peter Davies
Support Engineer