[Kea-users] different lease times

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 09:53:45 UTC 2024

Hi Jason,

Ahh yes.  I failed to remember the goal here.  All clients would be in
that class.  I assume you have reservations for these static clients?
You could, in these reservations add them to another class
("long-lease").  Then you could alter the test line in short lease:

"test": "member('KNOWN') and not member('long-lease')",

I'm not entirely sure that will work.  It depends on where your
reservations are set.  You may have to experiment with:
"early-global-reservations-lookup"

FYI, if you'd like to see a change to "valid-lifetime" (such as
allowing use inside a pool), then you could add a comment indicating
your support of: https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/-/issues/953
Be sure and describe, in detail, your use case for this change.

Thank you,
Darren Ankney