[Kea-users] DHCP6 host reservation

Cristina Bulfon cristina.bulfon at roma1.infn.it
Wed Apr 3 16:18:28 UTC 2024

Ciao,

I was unable to use option 79 on relay agent so  I’ve just made a test with both the client and server on the same VLAN ( no relay agent )  and “hw-address”  seems to  work, I will made more test just to be sure.

Regarding the DUID,  maybe I wrong ,in the DHCPv6 lease  file ( server side )  I’ve seen different DUID if I use NetworkManager - service restart - o  dhclient  to get the IPv6 …
I will evalute pros and cons of whether to  use DUID o hw-address for host reservations

Thanks everyone for the advice

Regards,
Cristina

PS: if anyone has the recipe to use hw-address also with a relay agent please let me know :-)