[Kea-users] Using variables in lease reservation

Berg, Stephen P CIV USN NRL DET SSC MS (USA) stephen.p.berg.civ at us.navy.mil
Tue Apr 2 10:28:29 UTC 2024

Haven't had a chance to research this fully yet.  Is there a mechanism in kea that would allow me to define a variable at the beginning of a lease reservation file, /etc/kea/leases-this-lan.json, to be used on individual leases?

Something like:

PXE='"next-server": "10.10.10.10", "boot-file-name": "pxelinux.0"'

That would set what I normally add to any system about to be pxe booted, typically for reinstalls.

Then I'd add "$PXE" to the lease for the system that will be pxe booting next?  This is just to save time and typing mostly.