[Kea-users] insert into dhcp4_subnet

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Fri Sep 29 20:08:26 UTC 2023

Greeting Kea Users,

I'm attempting to insert a record into the dhcp4_subnet table, but am
hitting an error:

INSERT INTO dhcp4_subnet (
    subnet_id,
    subnet_prefix
)
VALUES (
    10123,
    '10.168.255.0/24'
);
ERROR:  insert or update on table "dhcp4_audit" violates foreign key
constraint "fk_dhcp4_audit_revision"
DETAIL:  Key (revision_id)=(0) is not present in table
"dhcp4_audit_revision".
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "INSERT INTO dhcp4_audit (object_type, object_id,
modification_type, revision_id)
            VALUES (object_type_val, object_id_val,
                (SELECT id FROM modification WHERE modification_type =
modification_type_val),
                 audit_revision_id)"
PL/pgSQL function createauditentrydhcp4(character varying,bigint,character
varying) line 12 at SQL statement
SQL statement "SELECT createAuditEntryDHCP4('dhcp4_subnet', NEW.subnet_id,
'create')"
PL/pgSQL function func_dhcp4_subnet_ains() line 3 at PERFORM

Looking at the schema of the dhcp4_audit table makes me think I shouldn't
be manually manipulating the dhcp4_audit table.

Does anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong? or a successfully working
example of inserting a subnet into the dhcp4_subnet table?

Thanks for the help!

-m