[Kea-users] is there any way to force, kea-dhcp4-server/kea-dhcp-ddns-server to use option 12 instead of, option 81?

Marc Richman Marc.Richman at berkshiregrey.com
Fri Sep 8 21:27:38 UTC 2023

I got somewhere but not where I wanted to be....

I managed to get option 81 to the correct value using the flex_option hook it is a bit ugly but wireshark confirms the values are correct

BUT it is still handing off the original value to DDNS!  Does anybody have ideas as to why that would happen? (or how to fix it)

(FWIW: I tried using option[15] instead of the string but it wasnt defined?!? even though it was being sent in the packet)

{"library": "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kea/hooks/libdhcp_flex_option.so",

  "parameters": {
    "options" : [
      { "code"      : 81,
     "supersede" : "0x03 + 0x00 + 0x00 + option[12].hex + '.bos.berkshiregrey.com'"