[Kea-users] Kea HA- configuration sync

Ahiya Zadok ahiya at younity.io
Mon Sep 4 08:58:49 UTC 2023

Hi all

I've set up two kea servers in a HA load-balancing mode in my lab.

I'm using CSV as a mem file.

It seems to work correctly, and the leases are synchronized.

I noticed that the configuration isn't synchronized between the HA peers.

Most of the config is pretty static and won't be changed often, but host
reservations will be added/modified.

Is there a way to make the configuration sync on every config change?

I understand that if I store configuration and host reservations on a DB, I
could sync the BD, which will do the trick.

But this will require the use of the host commands and Configuration
Backend Commands hooks are premium hooks; at the moment, I'm trying to
avoid premium hooks.

I've attached my config file.

Thank you all in advance!