[Kea-users] KEA DHCPv6 server ignores relayed solicitations

Oskar Wåglund oskar.waglund at afry.com
Fri Oct 27 14:37:17 UTC 2023

Hi all,

I have a (hopefully) simple question. I have a KEA DHCPv6 server v2.0.3 running on a Ubuntu 20.04 machine. I am trying to get it to respond to solicitations coming via an ISC DHCPv6 relay, but I see no activity from my DHCPv6 server when the relayed solicitations arrive. Is there any specific configuration in KEA needed for this to work, or can I troubleshoot it somehow? I can see the solicitations coming in on the correct network device using tcpdump. Solicitations that are not relayed are handled correctly by the DHCPv6 server.

I have a very basic configuration where this issue is happening that I am attaching:

{
  "Dhcp6": {
    "server-id": {
      "type": "LL",
      "persist": false
    },
    "interfaces-config": {
      "interfaces": ["enp1s0.10"]
    },
    "control-socket": {
      "socket-type": "unix",
      "socket-name": "/tmp/kea-dhcp6-ctrl.sock"
    },
    "lease-database": {
      "type": "memfile",
      "lfc-interval": 1800,
      "persist": true,
      "name": "/var/run/kea/dhcp6.leases"
    },
    "expired-leases-processing": {
      "reclaim-timer-wait-time": 10,
      "flush-reclaimed-timer-wait-time": 25,
      "hold-reclaimed-time": 3600,
      "max-reclaim-leases": 100,
      "max-reclaim-time": 250,
      "unwarned-reclaim-cycles": 5
    },
    "renew-timer": 375,
    "rebind-timer": 600,
    "preferred-lifetime": 3000,
    "valid-lifetime": 4000,
    "subnet6": [
      {
        "subnet": "fd80:501:ffff:100::/64",
        "pools": [
          {
            "pool": "fd80:501:ffff:100::10:1-fd80:501:ffff:100::10:FF"
          }
        ],
        "interface": "enp1s0.10"
      }
    ]
  }
}

Thank you,
Oskar

"This e-mail may contain confidential and corporate proprietary information. If received in error, kindly notify us immediately and delete the communication from your system. Our contacts with you may further involve processing of personal data. Please read more about how and why AFRY processes personal data on our website www.afry.com."

'.