[Kea-users] Kea-users Digest, Vol 112, Issue 24

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 10:20:04 UTC 2023

Hi,

> Perhaps there is a permission issue?  Depending how you installed, Kea
> may be running as an unprivileged user (such as _kea) who may not have
> access to the .csv file to read on startup.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Darren Ankney
>
> — Darren, you were correct on this.  However, you won’t figure the permissions issue out on CentOS 7.  I spent at least a day trying to figure this out as well as several other issues and/or possibly bugs on CentOS 7 and then finally created an Ubuntu 20.04 VM and started trying to use Kea on Ubuntu like I was attempting to do on CentOS.  Now we are working and I have a lot more questions to ask the mailing list

On CentOS 7, it is probably more than simple permissions.  SELinux was
not as well behaved yet as it seems to be in RHEL 9.  You could try
temporarily disabling SELinux and see if that fixes it.  However, it
should be pointed out that CentOS 7 is no longer officially supported
by Kea (as of 2.4.0) and so it might be best to move on from it anyway
(it is very old and EOL I believe).

Thank you,

Darren Ankney