[Kea-users] Migration Questions

JT ISC jtisc88 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 13:19:32 UTC 2023

Hello,

I have some questions regarding Migration from ISC DHCP to Kea.

Does the Kea Lease Migration support ISC DHCP Failover Lease Files?

I might have overlooked this in the document for the Lease Migration.
Would it be possible to upload the output of the Kea Lease Migration to
MySQL Database Backend when Kea is configured to store Leases in a database
rather than memfile?  Or is the output intended to be used in the memfile?

Also, I used the Kea Lease Migration and the converted lease file shows all
the leases just fine.  I followed the example to load the output csv file
into Kea DHCP4 and when I test the configuration file everything shows to
be fine.  However, when I go to start the Kea DHCP4 Service, I get the
error "unable to open database: unable to open "filename" regardless if the
csv file is in the /etc/kea directory or the /var/lib/kea/ directory.

Here is the lease database configuration snippet with the lease file in the
/etc/kea directory -

    "sanity-checks": {
        "lease-checks": "fix-del"
    },
    "lease-database": {
        // Memfile is the simplest and easiest backend to use. It's an
in-memory
        // C++ database that stores its state in CSV file.
        "type": "memfile",
        "persist": true,
        "name": "/etc/kea/dhcpd-leases-kea.csv",
        "lfc-interval": 3600
    },

Thank you!