[Kea-users] Missing features from dhcp-eval

Vladimir Nikolic vladimir at nikolic.si
Fri Oct 13 19:36:23 UTC 2023

Hi,

We are struggling with the migration from DHCPD to KEA.
Is there any easy alternative to this dhcp-eval feature:

config-option option-name
      The config-option operator returns the value for the specified
option that the DHCP client or server has been configured to send.

In DHCPD, we define an option, and then set it up on particular subnets.
It can then be used during class evaluation, by config-option feature.
In that way, different classes (with e.g. different next-server and/or
filename defined) can be assigned to similar clients, just based on the
option value set in a subnet definition.

 From what we've seen so far, something like that is not possible with
KEA.
Looks like we'll have to find an alternative solution.

Thanks