[Kea-users] QinQ support

Xuo Guoto xuoguoto at protonmail.com
Fri Nov 10 09:47:53 UTC 2023

Hello all,
I have a need to allocate IP address to an ISP subscribers who are all in a QinQ network. In that network each subscriber is in their own c-vlan:s-vlan combination. I have a linux running with one interface as trunk and all VLANs are allowed in switch side.

The plain way to configure linux and kea is to create one interface for each QinQ subscriber and add that interface in kea.

eg:

eno2 UP fe80::210:9bff:fe35:ea3e/64
eno2.3004 at eno2 UP fe80::210:9bff:fe35:ea3e/64
eno2.3601 at eno2.3004 UP 172.17.2.2/24 fe80::210:9bff:fe35:ea3e/64

In kea:
"interfaces-config": { "interfaces": [ "eno2.3601" ] }

This works for one or two or may by a dozen, but beyond that it's ugly. I know this scenario is only present in ISP environment and is usually handled by BNG. But in my case I just need to provide an ip address from a pool to all subscribers.

I can add ['*'] in interfaces, but that will make kea listen on other interfaces of the linux machine and can cause other headaches. I just want it to listen on all qinq interfaces on en02.

Any suggestions to correctly handle this scenario is much welcome!

X.