[Kea-users] Dropping the packets in load balancing

Kevin P. Fleming lists.kea-users at kevin.km6g.us
Thu May 18 10:33:56 UTC 2023

On Thu, May 18, 2023, at 06:18, Kraishak Mahtha wrote:

> I don't know how this hashing algorithm decides that a peer need to grant a lease but for the same combination of mac address previously I got leases from the same server when they are both live, So basically HA_COMMUNICATION_INTERRUPTED_CLIENT4_UNACKED update count is not getting triggered, can we check this any other way or do we have any requirements to should match the condition to get it as valid count?

Is this 'client' an actual DHCP client, or is it a simulator/testing tool? If it's not a real client, it needs to behave exactly like one as Darren as noted previously in the thread. This includes setting the proper fields in the request to indicate that a previous request went unanswered (unacked), because that's how Kea notices that the client has not been served by its peer server.