[Kea-users] Lease time and DNS TTL (OPEN)

Weisteen Per per.weisteen at telenor.no
Wed Mar 22 07:43:38 UTC 2023

Hi

I'm using DDNS for updating both forward and reverse zones. According to the docs the TTL value is calculated based on RFC 4702, which suggests that the TTL value be 1/3 of the lease's lifetime, with a minimum value of 10 minutes.

The clients (IP-cameras) involved will normally have long leases like one day or even one week, but due to reasons which I'm not going to delve into, clients may occasionally be assigned another address in another IP-range. When this occurs the old DNS record may still be cached with a rather long TTL which makes accessing the client for reconfiguration purposes problematic.

Is it possible to override the DNS TTL value within KEA?

./PerW