[Kea-users] Testing the kea-failover peer with muti threading and TLS support

Kevin P. Fleming lists.kea-users at kevin.km6g.us
Wed Jun 28 13:25:30 UTC 2023

On Wed, Jun 28, 2023, at 07:44, Kraishak Mahtha wrote:
> Hi Darren,
>
> I am deploying at my lab currently but, when we get more familiar we will proceed with production.  I tried yes even with 2.3.8 and I am facing an issue, I thought it could be because of my certificates, and when I am reading more on this I saw a note in the reference document that
> "A sample set of certificates and associated objects is available at src/lib/asiolink/testutils/ca".
> I have downloaded the source from GIT and from the folder kea-master\kea-master\src\lib\asiolink\testutils\ca I used the following certificates as follows
>   "trust-anchor": "/root/kea-server.crt"
>  "cert-file": "/root/kea-server.csr"
>  "key-file": "/root/kea-server.key"

 A CSR file is a Certificate Signing Request, it is not a certificate, and it cannot be used as one.

If you are going use those example files, they are:

trust-anchor: kea-ca.crt
cert-file: kea-server.crt
key-file: kea-server.key

They still may not work though, as the CN embedded in the kea-server.crt file probably doesn't match the name of your actual Kea server.