[Kea-users] Testing the kea-failover peer with muti threading and TLS support

Kraishak Mahtha kraishak.edu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 04:48:23 UTC 2023

Hi Darren,
Thank you for the suggestion. I forget to mention, I am using the kea 2.2.0
version the last stable one (Yes as its the latest version compared to 2.17
) we don't need kea-control agents and I am using HA+MT I don't have
dependency  on kea-control agent on any of the peer-servers

I have one more doubt about the certificate type to be used. In the kea
2.2.0 document, The document says  "Objects in files must be in the PEM
format" under section *23.1.2 TLS/HTTPS Configuration.*
And also I checked the examples config in reference documents, and most of
them show with .pem files for all three attributes
  "trust-anchor": /usr/lib/kea/CA.pem,
"cert-file": /usr/lib/kea/server1_cert.pem,
"key-file": /usr/lib/kea/server1_key.pem

1)So my doubt is do all three certificates should be in .pem format?

Asking this because while I am reading about the certificate content, at
one of the places it says "The sample set of the certificates are available
at src/lib/asiolink/testutils/ca kea source folder and when I see there  I
don't see .pem files
I just want to test with that sample certificates to rule out whether the
issue is either with the environment setup or with my certificates.

Thanks