[Kea-users] Dhcp6 Prefix Exclude use case question

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 10:31:05 UTC 2023

Hi Dan,

I don't think that is the purpose of the option, but I suppose if no
device asks for an excluded prefix then the prefix will not be
allocated to any device.  How would you be able to guarantee this?  I
would think a better solution would be to engineer your network
differently such that you don't need to leave off part of the prefix
delegation.  Surely there are plenty of IPv6 subnets to go around to
accomplish this?

Thank you,

Darren Ankney