[Kea-users] max-unacked-clients definition

Frey, Rick E Rick.Frey at windstream.com
Thu Jun 22 17:58:03 UTC 2023

The server needs to see its partner down before it will consider requests as un-acked and begin responding such requests.  If your standby server does not see the other server as partner-down, the requests are not tracked as un-acked even though they are not being processed by the primary server.  If you are testing failover, you’ll need to disrupt communication between servers so standby host sees primary as partner-down.  See previous thread<https://lists.isc.org/mailman/htdig/kea-users/2023-January/003794.html> on this topic.